Ginger raspberry tea: easy morning sickness remedy
My second pregnancy has been very different from my pregnancy with Arah. First, when I was pregnant with Arah, I was not on a plant-based diet intentionally. The smell of meat made me so nauseous, I just couldn’t eat it for the first four to five months of my pregnancy with him. I also had major loss of appetite and some morning sickness in the first few months. This time around, the morning sickness is intense! I am only 12 weeks, and unlike with Arah, it started a lot sooner. I tried these ginger candies, motion sickness wrist bands, ginger snaps, and ginger ale with Arah. None of these remedies, except for the wrist bands, seemed to be effective. Well, I do have an effective one now! This ginger raspberry tea starts working as soon as I get half way through the cup. I drink it every morning so that I start my day off without feeling sick.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp raspberry leaf tea
- 1 small/medium piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 lemon
- agave nectar or honey
- optional: tea infuser if using loose leaf tea
- Slightly crush the ginger, and add it to the water in a small pot or kettle. (I personally use a juicer to get more of the ginger flavor quicker, but that can also be accomplished by boiling the ginger longer with more water.)
- Bring cup of water to a boil and remove from heat. Pour water into a tea cup.
- Add the tea infuser to tea bag. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add your choice of sweetener and squeeze the lemon juice into the cup.