Easy Maple Granola
This is one of my favorite recipes! What I love about this simple recipe is the few ingredients it requires. I had never even considered making my own granola before, until I came across this recipe. Since the first time I made it, I won’t buy granola from the store anymore. It’s so much better than any granola I have ever bought at the store! The granola comes out soft with a light crispiness to it. It’s perfect for topping on your oatmeal in the morning or just as a snack. And my son loves it! I hope you enjoy this awesome, simple recipe!
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups old-fashion oats rolled oats
- 2 cups raw almonds
- Pre heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Spread the oats on parchment lined baking sheet and lightly toast for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes for even toasting, until lightly brown.
- After the 20 minutes, remove the oats from the oven and transfer into a bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the coconut oil and maple syrup and mix well.
- Add the almonds and coconut oil mix to the toasted oats and mix well.
- Spread the granola mix onto a baking sheet and put it into the oven. Let it bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until the granola mix becomes brown.
- Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool. Once cooled, use a spatula to removed granola from the baking sheet. Some may be lightly stuck to the bottom.
- Store in a mason jar or container of your choice and store in refrigerator for up to one month.